FAQ- A “Deed Dive” into Examining Real Estate Titles
Title Examination for Title Insurers
About our Class:
Real Estate Title Examination - for Professional Title Examiners and Insurers
“Title Examination for Title Insurers” is online 24/7 via computer, tablet or smart phone.
This is a comprehensive, 30-hour, self-directed, course, designed for those who want a clear understanding of how to examine title, identifying the legal owners in title, along with the rights and interests of others on land. It is particularly helpful for title insurers, title agents, attorneys and paralegals, and those who work with property takings for easements, roadways and utilities.
It covers the nuts and bolts of examining title from Patent to the current date posted in the public record, and it explains how to review professional title searches, inspections of property, surveys and affidavits. It takes a detailed look at various types of documents seen when examining title, and what to look out for. It is an excellent supplement to those who abstract and search land titles, closers, lenders, settlement agents, and those who examine and clear objections to land titles. So, for a “deed dive” into real estate titles, take this class.
Course Content Includes:
- Core real estate law and terminology
- Review of Estates, Tenancies and Marital Rights
- Types of Liens and Encumbrances, Name Search Liens and resolution
- Clearing Common Title Issues
- Following the Chain of Title and How to Find Missing Links
- Common Interest Community Laws, Rules, and Exceptions to Title
- Understanding and examining Registered Land Titles
- New construction issues when insuring title and how to resolve them
- Issues with Foreclosures and Loan Modifications
- Assembling and Using the Tools – Worksheets for Examining Title, Use of Surveys and Inspections, Review of Purchase Agreements, Review of Title Standards, How to use Affidavits, understanding Underwriter Guidelines, Audits and more.
The course ends with a fairly complex examination to be completed by the learner, with detailed answers. A great course for title searchers, abstractors, and examiners, paralegals, government agencies, and all who work with title examination. It provides a solid understanding of the property records industry.