Minnesota Closing Academy
FAQ – How to Build a Closing Agent Business
After obtaining your Notary Commission and your Closing Agent License, you will want a boot-camp to learn the nuts and bolts. Licensed Closing Agents assist people by explaining and notarizing mortgage documents. You own your own business as an Independent Contractor. Look at the course description below. Brenda Colston is a successful, Licensed Closing Agent and can teach you the trade. Her advice is invaluable in starting a new career.
With the advent of services like Rocket Mortgage, Quicken Loans, Lending Tree, and others, who have no bricks and mortar, there is a tremendous need for notaries to help people sign mortgage documents. In addition, the COVID has closed may offices that offer that service, so lenders, title companies, and others are searching for independent closers to do the job. You can set your own hours and make good money, but you need to learn the trade.
About Our Course
Online 24/7, at your convenience by smartphone, tablet or computer
The Closing Agent Academy teaches you with practical tips, written materials, videos, exercises, and sample documents, how to build a successful and lucrative Closer/Signing agent business. In this course you will learn:
- How do I get started in the Closing/Signing Agent Business?
- What are the costs of starting the business?
- What equipment do I need to be successful?
- What is my role as an Independent Contractor?
- What tools will help me get Closing Agent business?
- How do I get closing assignments from Vendors?
- How do I get paid?
- What is the protocol for handling an assignment?
- How do I explain the documents to the borrowers?
- What are the pitfalls to look out for?
- Can I turn down a job? Negotiate a fee?
- What does it mean to be an Independent Contractor?
- What records will I be asked for to get business?
- What records will I need to keep for my business?
Brenda J. Colston
Your Course Author and Instructor
Available to students for questions and help
A 30-year career in Minnesota as a
- Licensed Closing Agent
- Executive Closer
- Title Insurance Professional
- NNA Signing Agent Professional
- Notary, e-Notary, and Remote Online Notary
- Training Professional